For all those curly haired people out there, here are a few quick hair tips:
- Since curly hair is naturally dry, you want to use shampoo that helps keep your hair moist; moistness helps curls thrive in any weather condition! We recommend using shampoo with sulfates.
- When brushing your hair, be sure to use wide-toothed combs and DO NOT USE brushes or narrow-toothed combs! Wide-toothed combs helps to eliminate frizz and breakage.
- Set the curl pattern while your hair is still a little wet; try to find a good medium between wet and dry. So set your part, and comb through as little hair as possible.
- When drying your hair, use a microfiber towel and use a dabbing technique, do not rub the towel back and forth. If you’re in a rush, use a blow dryer, but make sure the settings are at a low to medium speed. This drying technique will help eliminate frizz.
- This next tip is a tough one, but try to avoid touching, scratching or playing with your hair throughout the day; the more you touch your hair, the more frizz will begin to show.
These are just a few tips for those who rock the curl look! If you’re interested in a perm, please give Salon De Beauty a call at 781-340-4494. Once you receive a perm from one of our professionals, these tips will help you maintain a beautiful, natural, frizz-free look!